[Rcpp-devel] Can't compile BOOST package via Rcpp on Windows7 OS

דוד ארנבורג david.arenburg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:51:53 CET 2014

Hi guys,

So I've installed and loaded the BH
<http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/BH/index.html> package without any
errors, then I tried to run this example
<http://gallery.rcpp.org/articles/a-first-boost-example/> but sourceCpp
failed to compile it. I was wondering if there is a quick fix for this and
I'm just making some very basic mistake here

I saw this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19651954/is-it-possible-to-build-an-r-package-which-use-rcpp-and-boost-thread-on-win-b>
post
lately and I'm not sure if this means that I just can't compile BH on
windows or just can't build a package which depends on it

As a side note, I was trying to add the quantile() function from BOOST to
this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26786078/rcpp-quantile-implementation/26789292#26789292>
SO
answer in order to improve it for future readers as I didn't find any nice
BOOST/Rcpp implementations online other than in Dirks Gallery

Thanks,
David

---

sessionInfo()
R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Hebrew_Israel.1255  LC_CTYPE=Hebrew_Israel.1255
 LC_MONETARY=Hebrew_Israel.1255
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                   LC_TIME=Hebrew_Israel.1255

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] Rcpp_0.11.3 BH_1.54.0-4

[1] tools_3.1.1