[Rcpp-devel] C++11 in Windows R package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 29 00:23:12 CEST 2014

Matteo,

I may have found it. It is not as broken as I feared.  At the end of
RcppArmadilloConfig.h we have

// R can be built with its own Rlapack library, or use an external
// one. Only the latter has zgesdd, a complex-valued SVD using divide-and-conquer
#ifdef WIN32
  // on Windows we do not assume ZGESDD
  #define ARMA_DONT_USE_CX_GESDD 1
#else
  // on the other OSs we test via LAPACK_LIBS (in configure) which
  // updates this include file
  #include <RcppArmadilloLapack.h>
#endif

so it was supposed to only include the library RcppArmadilloLapack.h if NOT
on Windows.  Somehow your configuration has undefined WIN32.

We need to figure out why / who / where and correct it, and / or find a
better #ifdef here.