[Rcpp-devel] cannot compile qtdensity example on windows

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 19 15:31:49 CEST 2014

On 19 May 2014 at 14:08, Michele Gubian wrote:
| hi all,
|
| I need to use RInside in Qt on Windows, and I am stuck since more than
| a week. In short, I tried to follow these instructions:
| http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rcpp-devel/2012-November/004771.html
| where the compilation/linking problems seem to be solved, but for me
| the same procedure does not work.
|
| Details:
| I compile Rcpp and RInside from sources using the toolchain shipped
| with Qt (mingw48_32). In order to to that, I change my path by:
| set path=C:\PROGRA~1\R\Rtools\bin;C:\Users\Uasolo\faldone\programmi\Qt\Tools\mingw48_32\bin;%PATH%
|
| Then with
| qmake qtdensity.pro -r -spec win32-g++
| I get makefiles, but
| mingw32-make -f Makefile
| gives compilation errors. The stderr output from the above command is attached (
| qtdensity_make.log).

I think that got pruned.

| I have run out of ideas on what to try next. Please help.

Make sure __you use the same mingw version for all components__.

I would never have published that example if I hadn't gotten it working on
Windows myself first -- but you need to use the exact same compiler for R,
Rcpp, RInside and Qt.

Which is entirely doable on Windows, but tedious.  Like many other things on Windows.

Dirk