[Rcpp-devel] RInside and the source command

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 14 22:13:18 CEST 2014

On 14 May 2014 at 15:53, Mark Lilback wrote:
| I’ve got an application using RInside that seems to work fine, except for the source command. I’ve built it with RINSIDE_CALLBACKS defined. When I execute the following, the WriteConsole callback is never called. Direct commands work fine, just not any run via source. The script is there (an error results if I put a typo in the file name).
|
| _R->parseEvalQNT("source(file=\"sample123.R\", print.eval=TRUE, verbose=TRUE)”);
|
| Am I messing something obvious? Looking through the source for source I don’t see how the verbose stuff isn’t being printed.

Hard to say off-hand.  Can you try something simpler?  Maybe start from the
sample0 and its hello world, and add a simple source() followed by subsequent
access to the variable defined in the file sources?

At the end of the day we instantiate a standard R session, which "simply"
happens to be embedded in our main process.  So standard R commands should
all be accessible.