[Rcpp-devel] [OT] Asking for a quick OS X favour

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun May 11 17:11:57 CEST 2014

I'd appreciate if someone running OS X could run a quick test for me.  I am
getting RcppRedis (formerly rhiredis) ready for CRAN. As I had been working
on this for a bit, I had some email with Simon who had already prepared a
tarball of the required hiredis library.

However, Simon's tarball contains   usr/local/include/hiredis.h   and by my
reckoning based on a number of other projects using hiredis, as well as
hiredis's Makefile, this should be   usr/local/include/hiredis/hiredis.h
as the standard use is '#include <hiredis/hiredis.h>' which won't work with
his current layout.

So here is goes:  Could someone on OS X quickly build RcppRedis [1] against
either a local 'make; make install' of hiredis [2] -- or against Simon's
tarball [3] but WITH the suggested modification from the last paragraph (eg
  mkdir /usr/local/include/hiredis
  mv /usr/local/include/hiredis.h /usr/local/include/hiredis/
You also need the new-ish and small RApiSerialize package from CRAN.

My current assumption is that my configure logic in the package is good
enough, and this would provide a litmus test I can't run myself for lack of
an OS X box.

Thanks a lot to whoever has a few minutes to spare on this.

Dirk

[1] https://github.com/eddelbuettel/rcppredis
[2] https://github.com/redis/hiredis
[3] http://r.research.att.com/libs/hiredis-0.11.0-darwin10-bin2.tar.gz