[Rcpp-devel] Problem embedding R in Qt C++ application on Win32

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 30 17:02:29 CEST 2014

On 30 March 2014 at 16:45, Minh-Nhut Huynh wrote:
| But the problem occurs when I try to deploy it on my win32 machine.

I don't work much on Windows, but I have used this repeatedly with different
Qt releases. You should make sure you build __everything__ with the same
compiler though: Qt, R, Rcpp, RInside, ...

The first time I did this Qt didn't yet ship as MinGW builds so I started
from source.  They do have the appropriate configuration options.  If you'd
rather not rebuild Qt, you may have to rebuild R though you may get away with
the prebuild version as C interfaces are a little more tolerant. You think
you almost certainly have to have Qt and Rcpp / RInside on the very same
compiler build.

In short, get your toolchain ducks in a row and it will work.  But as almost
always, it is way more painful to get these things sorted on that platform.