[Rcpp-devel] R - couchbase R client using Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 19:08:19 CET 2014

On 19 March 2014 at 18:36, amine gassem wrote:
|     It use a call to a script gsl-config --- and I use that same trick in other
|     packages.  It depends on what Couchbase supplies.
|
| libcouchbase provides a script ( I think a perl script) called cmake/configure
| that I used it to build from sources. Do you think that this script is a good
| start?

Having configure is very common, having cmake is common too. Without having
seen the script it is hard to say -- but these generally test what is needed
for a package itself, here couchbase, to build.

But you need is different and one stage down the road: you want something to
build against an already install couchbase library and headers, so your task
is different.

Writing a configure script is a pretty solid answer (but also involves
learning something aking to a new language). Copying from existing ones as
well as a tutorial or two on the web helped me with that.

For now the easiest would be to just hardwire the values you need in your
src/Makevars.

| As you like, you can take it over r-devel.

Yes, when you have the next generic package building question, it may be
better to ask it there.