[Rcpp-devel] R - couchbase R client using Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 18 18:14:34 CET 2014

Amine,

On 18 March 2014 at 17:56, contact AG STUDY wrote:
| I would like to use to create an R client for couchbase. ( let me know if there
| is already an existing package)
| My idea is to create a new R package based on the c library libcouchbase.
| This is what is already done for other wrappers in python,ruby,..
| What is the best method to call the C code from Rcpp?
| Can Iuse dyn.load('../../libcouchebase.so.2"), or should I copy all the c code?
| If I should copy , what part of code in the original code I need , src folder
| and the makfile for example?
| Is there any R/Rcpp package doing similar tasks ( a wrapper to a c library) ,
| that I can follow to start ?

Among the 186 existing CRAN packages using Rcpp, many do in fact use either
an external library as you plan here, or in simpler cases embed the code (eg
my RcppCNPy just adds one or two C files).

I'll probably also rename lib rhiredis package on Github into RcppRedis to
make this more plain; it too uses an external library, here the C library
hiredis.

Dirk

PS List etiquette I'd really like to establish / confirm is to sign an email
with a proper, identifiable name.  I tell you who I am, don't readers deserve
to know about you if you ask them to help you?