[Rcpp-devel] Shared library error after update

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 3 15:12:03 CET 2014

On 3 March 2014 at 14:38, Simon Zehnder wrote:
| Though I couldn’t detect NEWS relevant for my package. I have rebuilt my package several times now and the error remains. I remember that there was once some news about Rcpp now being header only (also the Rcpp.package.skeleton function does not include a Makevars file in the src folder). Does that mean I delete the line
|
| PKG_LIBS = ‘$(R_HOME)/bin/Rscript -e “Rcpp:::LdFlags()”’
|
| from my Makevars file?

Yes you may.

| Is it obligatory?

No.

If it were mandatory to remove it we would have said so. It is now a null-op

   edd at max:~$ Rscript -e 'Rcpp:::LdFlags()'
   edd at max:~$

under the current version of Rcpp, and works as before under previous version
ensuring continuity.

Please construct a minimally reproducible example.  Based on your two emails
there is no further help I can give you.