[Rcpp-devel] routine registration

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:11:51 CEST 2014

Dear All,

Does it make sense to use C routine registration
(http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Registering-native-routines)
in a package that has C++ code and uses Rcpp? What are the pros and cons?

All of my code is C++. Writing the relevant code for routine registration
is not hard (it is actually automagic if one uses
https://github.com/kevinushey/Kmisc/blob/master/R/registerFunctions.R). But
I wonder if it really makes sense to do this.

I've googled around and I haven't been able to find much (maybe a problem
of my google-fu). I've looked at packages in CRAN and BioConductor that
import Rcpp and almost none, of those I've looked at, use registration
(except for a few that use Kmisc's registerFunctions).

Thanks,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte