[Rcpp-devel] C++11 in Windows R package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 3 18:57:48 CEST 2014

Matteo,

On 3 June 2014 at 17:24, Matteo Fasiolo wrote:
|  could it be that yesterday the official RccpArmadillo version on CRAN
| was 0.4.300.7.0 (the one with the new armadillo macro),
| while today it's 0.4.300.0? Or did I dream about it? :)

:-/

You were dreaming.  Or maybe you saw it in the incoming/ directory.

I did pretty extensive tests on 0.4.300.7.0 (which passes R CMD check for 64
out of 67 CRAN packages using RcppArmadillo; a few details in the rcpp-logs
repo on GitHub) and submitted it.  CRAN bemoaned a bashism in the small
little configure script, as well as something to setup temporary files for
unit tests (which has not changed in ages), so I fixed both of these issues
and resubmitted.  And keep waiting.

In the meantime Conrad rolled up 4.300.8 so I created 0.4.300.8.0 and
submitted that.  And keep waiting.

One day...   In the meantime, you get the sources from GitHub but for windows
builds at CRAN, and the win-builder service, we have to wait.  FWIW I have
also been waiting for three weeks now to have an additional static library
(hiredis, used by RcppRedis) installed on win-builder.

Sometimes, our hands are tied and there is nuttin' we can do.  Sorry.