[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp and required steps before next release

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 29 13:09:58 CET 2014

On 28 January 2014 at 22:10, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
| Thanks. I was actually wondering something slightly different: for the ones that need modification, will they still work with the current Rcpp after being modified, or are the changes not backwards-compatible? I will investigate and I guess I will find out.

Yes of course.

That is the point of the patches we prepared for CRAN: allow things to work
with current CRAN Rcpp 0.10.6, _and_ allow transition to new (to be released)
one 0.11.0.

We are not trying to intentionally break one or the other, or force things.

But without the suggested changes, Rcpp 0.11.0 will NOT get onto CRAN as it
will break a few packages.

Hope this clarifies.