[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp and required steps before next release

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 29 01:58:11 CET 2014

On 28 January 2014 at 16:24, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
| Actually this address (dtenenba at fhcrc.org) is better. I did hear about this and I am planning to take a look at all of our packages which use Rcpp and make sure they work with the new version.

I am cc'ing Kevin who not only did the BioC tests but, if I am keeping track
of things, also works with you at the Hutch :)

| One question I had is this--if packages need to be  patched or otherwise altered in order to work with the new Rcpp, will they still work with the version that is current on CRAN? If so, that's great, if not, the timing of all these changes will have to be considered/coordinated very carefully.

Our test tried to address precisely that issue.  And when we summarize as
follows (for CRAN, mind you, as I am primarily concerned with getting onto
CRAN; also not updated for today's first upload of a fixed package -- thanks
to Joshua French)

   edd at max:~$ Rscript git/rcpp-logs/results/Rcpp-Summary-20140112.R
   Good          157
     AsIs        139
     w/Imports   15
     w/Other     2
     w/Question  1
   Bad Rcpp      0
     RcppApi     0
     Unclear     0
   Bad other     6
     BioCDep     4
     NotRcpp     1
     Skipped     1
   Total         163
   Bad Rcpp Pct  0
   edd at max:~$

the 139 'as is' means just that: works with Rcpp 0.10.6 (on CRAN) as well as
with Rcpp 0.11.0-to-be (currently 0.10.6.9 and on GitHub).

Kevin established that Rdisop needed an updated RcppClassic (which I since
pushed CRAN, so that is good) and that mzR did the includes wrong -- as
discussed here earlier today.

See Kevin's log and details at
   https://github.com/kevinushey/RcppBiocChecks

Dirk