[Rcpp-devel] calling a homegrown cpp function from my own package when using sourceCpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jan 2 19:20:52 CET 2014

On 2 January 2014 at 09:51, Steve Lianoglou wrote:
| On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:04 AM, mh fe <mhf2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
| > To install "RCurl" you  need to install some c++ library  headers (in
| > Ubuntu). I had the same problem  but unfortunately I can not remember them
| > exactly, try to install the libraries that have the "curl" in their names.
|
| Although I'm not on an linux box, this problem often comes up on the
| Bioconductor list. I believe the usual problem has to do with either
| (or both) of libcurl-dev and libxml2-dev not being installed, so ...
| install those via apt-get (or whatever) and try to install RCurl again
| in R.

(More sort-of off-topic discussion which should be on r-sig-debian....)

And libcurl-dev is what is called a virtual package because you install one
of two actual packages providing it:

   libcurl4-openssl-dev
   libcurl4-nss-dev

FWIW the choice does not matter as I use of these at work, and one at home.

One day when I have nothing better to do I'll package r-cran-rcurl for Debian
(and hence Ubuntu) but my stack is somewhat full at 134 packages and counting.
See http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=edd@debian.org for the full list.