[Rcpp-devel] Pb compilation windows 64 : minGW32 is selected

Jerome MARQUET jerome.marquet at lixoft.net
Fri Feb 28 15:06:04 CET 2014

Hello,

I developed a Rcpp module which compiles and works fine on linux and
win32 but fails to compile on win64.

This module makes a "call lib" to a dll compiled with visual and the "R
CMD INSTALL" fails during the link process with a message

    "skipping incompatible NameOFMyLibraryCompiledWithVisual [...]
    cannot find -lNameOFMyLibraryCompiledWithVisual"

After a quick goolgle seach I discovered that it was due to the fact
that my Rcpp module was compiled in 32 bits mode and Visual built a 64
bits library.

This is confirmed by the traces I get on my DOS windows when I launch a
R CMD INSTALL

    g++ -m32 -share etc ... etc ...

I do not understand why the R command calls the win32 (flag -m32)
version of minGW. I set my path to

    set
    PATH=C:\R\Rtools\bin;C:\R\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin;C:\R\R-3.0.2\bin\x64;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;

as required I think ? So I do not understand why the (-m32) flag is set.
I hope someone in the mailing list already had the problem and can
answer me ?