[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp syntactic sugar equivalent for R's optimize() function

Gregor Kastner gregor.kastner at wu.ac.at
Fri Feb 28 11:52:07 CET 2014

Hi Hideyoshi,

> Is there a way I can just call that function in Rcpp rather than having to
> install new libraries or create my own? (I presume that there is probably a
> “C_do_fmin.c” file somewhere that I can use?)

This questions has been discussed in this list about a month ago:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Linking-to-native-routines-in-other-packages-tt4683969.html#none

I am now using the approach that Romain suggested in this thread. Be sure to
include

PKG_CPPFLAGS+=-I../inst/include/

in the Makevars and Makevars.win files. AFAIK know this mechanism is not
automated (yet), see
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/LinkingTo-self-tt4684613.html

Best,
Gregor