[Rcpp-devel] Package built with Rcpp fails to install

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Feb 3 21:33:22 CET 2014

On 3 February 2014 at 21:24, Simon Zehnder wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| compiled the package from github on a Linux Scientific Machine:

I just did too, under Ubuntu 13.10 at work.  Works fine for me on that
machine but with Rcpp 0.10.6.

However, as of this morning, that is no longer the CRAN version.  I spent
three weeks testing these things and logged most of the changes in the
rcpp-logs repo with the RcppCore account on GitHub. Kevin tested all of
BioC.  Such compilation failures affected maybe half a dozen packages,
probably less.  More needed Imports: / NAMESPACE changes, and I'll follow up
on this.

Let's calm this thread down for now.  We upgraded Rcpp, and Tal drew the
shorter stick and now needs to update his package.