[Rcpp-devel] R CMD check --as-cran note on Depends/Imports versus LinkingTo

Krueger, Fabian fabian.krueger83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:18:28 CEST 2014

Thanks for the quick & helpful reply! The following seems to fix my problem:

1)  As advised, set

Imports: Rcpp
LinkingTo: Rcpp, RcppArmadillo

[my original version had imported RcppArmadillo in addition]

2) Delete the following line from the NAMESPACE file generated by
RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton():

import(RcppArmadillo)

Now "R CMD check --as-cran" goes through without the note (or any other
notes/warnings), and the package seems to work as intendend.

Thanks again & best regards,
Fabian