[Rcpp-devel] g++ flags

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:01:51 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 30 April 2014 at 10:15, JJ Allaire wrote:
> | I think this PR addresses the issue:
> |
> | https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp/pull/143
>
> Very nice. We get the better behaviour of R 3.1.0 when it is available but do
> not enforce it.
>
> I may still add a new simple plugin to provide 'c++0x' for users on Windoze
> who do not have the newer R.  Or do you think that's overkill?

I think that would be worthwhile in addition to the proposed fix since
many people are waiting for the read.table problem in R 3.1 to be
fixed before upgrading to it.

Also this plugin is presumably applicable to all OSes, not just Windows.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com