[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp11 3.1.0 is on CRAN

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 13:25:45 CEST 2014

On 17 April 2014 at 09:24, Romain François wrote:
| Now, as Dirk says, you can use C++11 with Rcpp. Just as much as you can use C++11 with vanilla .Call/.C.

Yes of course.

As R in a C program, and as .C (no SEXP) and .Call (SEXP interface) are C
interfaces, Rcpp and Rcpp11 are in the exact same boat.

There is no advantage at the interface level. Everything turns to C the
moment we interface R.  Beyond that point, we can use C++ in all its
features, including C++11.  Rcpp has supported the option of C++11 as long as
the compilers have as it required just an optional switch.