[Rcpp-devel] Distribution of Rcpp codebase

Xavier Robin xavier at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Apr 8 10:12:21 CEST 2014

My 2 cents...

On 07/04/14 10:12, Romain François wrote:
> It would also mean many copies of the same code base. To which I’m thinking: so what.
No, it will mean many copies of /many different and mostly outdated/
code bases.
You can count on me to forget to git pull next time I update my package.

What about something like the BH package that contains the boost
headers? I'm using it in a project I'm working on, and just use a
LinkingTo declaration with something in Makevars.
Of course ideally it would be in a build-depends type of declaration so
it isn't pulled during binary installs.

Xavier