[Rcpp-devel] Package checking using R-devel (3.1) and Rcpp

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Tue Sep 24 22:43:21 CEST 2013

Hi Rob,

when I download the latest version Rclusterpp 0.12.1 I see in the Makevars the typical PKG_LIBS += `$(R_HOME)/bin/Rscript -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()"` -fopenmp. In there the function Rcpp:::LdFlags() calls internally RcppLdFlags() (see line 84 in the RcppLdpath.R file). Looking into the R folder of your package and there into the RclusterppLdpath.R file I detect in line 44 the call: Rcpp:::RcppLdFlags(). The .Rd file on ':::' tells in its Note, that it is not good design to use ::: in an own package, as package developers have probably had a reason to not export the function, in your case RcppLdFlags() - which is indeed not in the exported functions of NAMESPACE in Rcpp.

Best

Simon