[Rcpp-devel] long long

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 19 21:31:45 CEST 2013

On 19 September 2013 at 21:20, Romain Francois wrote:
| Le 19/09/13 20:53, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
| > People who really need long long already have an easy hook:  -std=c++11
|
| Which does not work for me.

I don't follow. What does not work? Your compiler does not support it? You
have no ~/.R/Makevars file to set it?

| We could have an if between c++11 or this define. This way it works for
| me __and__ as before. Can you handle that.

Sure. If it doesn;t break anything (and it would be nice if you could run the
tarball against R-devel and a current compiler to once or twice; if your OS X
isn't ready win-builder is useful).

| You want stability, I want to make progress. The same fight all over again.

As usual I want it all:  progress without foregoing stability / backwards compat.