[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp/C++ serialization of R objects?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Oct 29 16:24:01 CET 2013

Hi Gang:

I have been through the docs, and if this is answered, then I missed
it.  Is there a recommended way to serialize an R object with Rcpp?

For example, suppose I have created a List in C++ and I want to store
it with the R equivalent of saveRDS() <because I want to read it in at
some point later on from within R via readRDS()>.

More details if needed...  I am doing some long-running MCMC
calculations.  And, I would like the C++ code to store the
results every, say, 10000 iterations.  Of course, I could do
this in a loop from R.  But, I want to be sure that is really
necessary before I re-write my R code ;o)

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations