[Rcpp-devel] Problems getting RInside to work on OS X

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Oct 27 15:45:25 CET 2013

On 27 October 2013 at 15:25, Simon Zehnder wrote:
| The answers from Romain and you show exactly how to make things work again. I wasn’t aware of the possibility to override the Makeconf via a new Makevars. I work with environment modules to be able to load different compilers and to test my package compilation with them. I can now produce the ~/.R/Makevars file during module load. That makes everything more comfortable than adding a CFLAGS to the R CMD INSTALL command.

Yes -- the file ~/.R/Makevars is useful and I have been recommending it for a
long time and posted / emailed mine a few times. Eventually it caught on with
a few people. Eg Romain now promotes it too (see, there "advantages" of OS X
being "different" ...)

It is all in the R manuals. I also keep a file ~/.R/check.Renviron