[Rcpp-devel] sourceCpp failing on windows whereas devto ols::has_devel and devtools:::R works

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 17 15:05:07 CEST 2013

On 17 October 2013 at 09:04, romain at r-enthusiasts.com wrote:
| On a windows machine where Rtools is installed and works, i.e. I get:
[...]
| sourceCpp does not manage to find the tools correctly:
[...]
| > evalCpp( "1+1")
|
| Error in sourceCpp(code = code, env = env, rebuild = rebuild,
| showOutput = showOutput,  :
|    Error 1 occurred building shared library.
|
| WARNING: The tools required to build C++ code for R were not found.
|
| Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools:
|
| http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

Can you exclude local circumstances?

This routine is about one year old, and very widely used including on
Windows. And including by us e.g. via win-builder and the CRAN builds as
sourceCpp() is now used for eg the unit testing.

And it never failed in any of the uploads or tests I triggered.