[Rcpp-devel] Calling an internal do_* C level function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 14 21:59:29 CEST 2013

On 14 October 2013 at 14:47, Mark Fredrickson wrote:
| Noted. My apologies. I was hoping there was some magic/sugar for this

I wish there was.  But "they" tend to sprinkle attribute_hidden all over
their code preventing us from being able to use it, even though we are
already linked to them. <Sigh>

| particular problem that I had missed in the docs. Perhaps something that
| negotiated the look up table that R uses for these functions.

Well "hidden" means, as I understand it, that they really aren't even in the
index of the object file (but I am talking past my pay grade here, being a
user-land developer and not a compiler builder).

Also note the warnings in "Writing R Extensions" as "they" are also pretty
particular about what we are supposed to take from which header files, and
which are things we ought to pretend to not know about...