[Rcpp-devel] plugin in a package - how is it registered?

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 11 23:43:55 CEST 2013

Dear Rcpp::Users and Rcpp::Devels,

I have a very short question in regard to plugins in packages. I have written my own plugin using Rcpp.plugin.maker (very well documented in FAQ btw).

I know, that on the command line calling registerPlugin() registers the plugin. From RcppArmadillo I can see, that the registerPlugin function is never called inside the package - but I see also, that the file is called inline.R. How does the inline package register/identify a plugin? Is a plugin registered automatically when called inside cxxfunction? Does it have to be put into a file called 'inline.R'?

Best

Simon