[Rcpp-devel] RcppOctave on Windows: testing needed

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Oct 11 09:53:24 CEST 2013

Many thanks for this nice joint investigation work!

There certainly still are things to check and tweak to get the package run
smoothly and robustly on Mac (and Windows), but this is a great advance!

Coming next:

  * a README file with instructions on how to build/install on these
platforms. I will post it here as well for comments.
  * start another thread on rcppoctave-user to discuss Mac-specific
development and make information more easily accessible
  * I want to update the version on CRAN with some other fixes, and will do
so keeping the Unix-only flag in the DESCRIPTION file, so that I don't need
to wait for the Windows/Mac building machines to get Octave-geared.
  * the cross-platform capabilities development will carry on and be
available from the develop/ branch on github (+ r-forge and myCRAN). Any
further contribution to achieving this aim are obviously welcomed ;)

Bests,
Renaud

PS: ABI also means Acquired Brain Injury, which somehow makes sense in the
case of malfunctioning C++ libraries as well...