[Rcpp-devel] question re: LdFlags, RcppLdFlags

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:37:54 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk, Romain,

For what it's worth, this may be unnecessary for now. There are packages on
CRAN that pass with no notes AFAICS, using Rcpp:::LdFlags in Makevars. Use
of Rcpp:::LdFlags() within Makevars does not trigger any explicit notes for
me in the current R-devel on any of my packages, although a CRAN maintainer
who inspected Makevars might still dislike such use -- I am not sure. I
haven't encountered such a situation yet as I haven't tried submitting any
new packages recently. I'm not sure if any package maintainers have related
that specific frustration off-list. RcppLdFlags being exported was, in
fact, necessary for some other packages that were constructing their
Makevars programmatically through package R code.

In case it's ultimately unnecessary -- sorry for wasting your time on this;
LdFlags can likely remain un-exported.

-Kevin

<snip...>