[Rcpp-devel] RcppOctave on Windows: testing needed

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 8 16:21:43 CEST 2013

On 8 October 2013 at 15:58, Romain Francois wrote:
| But I fear that because too many depend on the current setting (Makevars,
| Makevars.win, making a library and non portably link against it) it is not
| likely to happen.

As I see it, if one were to attempt to provide a drop-in replacement, one
would have to make sure existing use as eg

    PKG_LIBS = `$(R_HOME)/bin/Rscript -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()"`

doesn't fail. A function LdFlags() returning an empty string may suffice.

So this might not be the biggest concern for any transition.  Actual drop-in
behaviour might be more of an issue -- but that could be tested for.