[Rcpp-devel] Makevars flags that get evaluated

Gad Abraham gad.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 14:37:14 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've started using Rcpp recently and it's great!

Is there a list of which of the Makevars variables are evaluated, i.e.,
ones that I can declare as backticks for conditional results. For example,
I'd like to be able to declare an environment variable during package
installation, e.g.:

USE_OPENCL=yes R CMD INSTALL package

but neither
PKG_CPPFLAGS += `if ! [ -z $(USE_OPENCL) ]; then echo '-DUSE_OPENCL'; fi`
nor
PKG_CXXFLAGS += `if ! [ -z $(USE_OPENCL) ]; then echo '-DUSE_OPENCL'; fi`

seems to work.

Thanks,
Gad