[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo and the version of Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 8 13:22:11 CET 2013

On 8 November 2013 at 11:04, Weldon, Mat wrote:
| If it helps, I recently had similar problems. In the end I realised that I needed to update my installation of R to 3.0.2 to get RcppArmadillo to work. Update R, then update Rcpp, then RcppArmadillo should install from CRAN no problem.

We generally use _released versions_ of R ourselves.

CRAN tests on current releases of R, futures releases of R and, for Windows,
the previous release of R, see eg here

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RcppArmadillo.html

and

http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-oldrel-windows-ix86+x86_64/RcppArmadillo-00check.html

which however does not show which Rcpp version is pulled in -- but likely
0.10.5 as we now add a requirement in Rcpp 0.10.6 that R (>= 3.0.0) [ which
is needed solely for vignette processing ]

So in short:  keep your installation of R and packages current, and you
should be fine.