[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp.package.skeleton in 0.10.3 does not work correctly?

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Sat May 25 15:50:56 CEST 2013

Hi Peng,

On your side, I don't understand why you're getting this output:

-I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include -DNDEBUG  -Wall
-I/usr/local/include -I"/Users/py/utility/R_user/Rcpp/include"   -fPIC
 -mtune=core2 -g -O2  -c rcpp_hello_world.cpp -o rcpp_hello_world.o
llvm-g++-4.2 -arch x86_64 -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-undefined dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o mypackage.so rcpp_hello_world.o >
Rcpp:::LdFlags() /Users/py/utility/R_user/Rcpp/lib/libRcpp.a> >
-F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R -Wl,-framework
-Wl,CoreFoundation

ie, why is Rcpp:::LdFlags() getting tossed in there as-is rather than being
evaluated and inserting the libRcpp.a library location? Not to mention the
extraneous '>'s. Perhaps you've manually set the R_HOME environment
variable and it's out of sync with the location of your current R
installation?

It looks to me like there is something strange with how things are set up
on your machine, but it's difficult to diagnose what.

-Kevin

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 6:19 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 25 May 2013 at 06:29, Peng Yu wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | The following shows the difference between the outputs of
> | Rcpp.package.skeleton of version 0.9.13 and 0.10.3. The output from
> | 0.10.3 can not be installed correctly. The difference is in
> | src/Makefile. Does anybody has similar problem with 0.10.3?
>
> [ You meant src/Makevars. Details matter. ]
>
> No we do not, and building a package via Rcpp.package.skeleton() has been
> part of the normal 'R CMD check' for years, this generally works.
>
> Including on OS X.
>
> I don't have that platform, so I cannot help you.  If you really believe
> that
> 0.9.13 is better for you, you are of course free to use 0.9.13.
>
> Dirk
>
> --
> Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

-Kevin