[Rcpp-devel] Segfault error during simulation in Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 16 16:42:43 CEST 2013

Matteo,

Can you provide a single, self-contained example and calling sequence that
leads to reproducible crashes?

That would be a bug. And we try to address it in Rcpp.

As for your "issues" with RNGScope, I'd recommend that you write a C(++)
function called from R __without using Rcpp__ and I very confident that you
would the exact same issue.  Meaning that that all comes form R, which in
itself is a pretty big system with numerous temp. allocations. But generally
no known bug.  So please learn more about R and valgrind -- I suspect that
you are simply getting confused by the copious and somewhat technical output
produced by valgrind when running R.