[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp Google summer of code 2013?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 18 00:50:59 CET 2013

On 17 March 2013 at 22:34, Michael Weylandt wrote:
| There's an active R-GSOC bunch and I'm sure a good Rcpp project would get
| support that way. Dirk has sponsored GSOC projects in the past so I bet you
| wouldn't have too much trouble finding a mentor. ;-)

Yep, I was quite involved for three years and even acted as admin one year,
but I stopped mentoring after GSoC 2011. For one I don't have the bandwidth
for it (but come to think about, I think I offered to be a back-up mentor for
some thing using Rcpp but being primairly BioC) and Google also encourages
rotation of personel so that things don't get stuck in the same rut.

So if someone wants to have a go at a Rcpp-based GSoC project: by all means,
go for it.

| http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2013
| And a mailing list off google groups.

Yup.

And there are of course other organizations too (eg I mentored for R as well
as within Debian).