[Rcpp-devel] Sample function(s) for inclusion in RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 11 22:14:11 CET 2013

On 11 March 2013 at 15:55, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 11 March 2013 at 13:39, Christian Gunning wrote:
| | > I don't like add-ons/ all that much as it doesn't show (Rcpp)Armadillo.
| | > How about any one of these:
| | >
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadilloXtra/sample.h
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadillo/extra/sample.h
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadillo/add-on/sample.h
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadillo/extensions/sample.h
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadillo/apps/sample.h
| | >         inst/include/RcppArmadillo/applications/sample.h
| | >         [...]
| |
| | I vote for "extensions".
|
| I like that too. And makes it clearer why we keep it out of RcppArmadillo.h
| (to keep the core smaller, have it build faster, ... etc)

Sorry, and just to be plain, that still would need another layer of
'RcppArmadillo' because if we did, say,

	(inst)/include/RcppArmadillo/extensions/sample.h

then the include is still just

        #include <extensions/sample.h>

which is not expressive enough. I think we should go for something like boost
where we have to do

        #include <RcppArmadillo/extensions/sample.h>

but that would require a directory

	(inst)/include/RcppArmadillo/RcppArmadillo/extensions/sample.h

which reads silly.   Hm.

Better suggestions, anyone?