[Rcpp-devel] Seamless Rcpp gives errors with RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 27 03:09:21 CEST 2013

On 26 June 2013 at 19:55, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 27 June 2013 at 02:39, John Swan wrote:
| | Hi all,
| |
| | Thanks for all the advice. I had a large number of rookie mistakes in there!
|
| [...]
|
| |  Is there any way I can get more verbose information, get at the environment variables or compiler options used by Rcpp or anything?
|
| Yes. Read the help pages.
|
| Also start with _simpler_ examples if what you are trying is over your head.

So in essence, demonstrate to yourself that you have a working tool chain. I
hear OS X can be picky; I personally do not own such a machine.

But try this

R> evalCpp( "std::numeric_limits<double>::max()" )
[1] 1.79769e+308                  ## from help(evalCpp)
R> evalCpp("sqrt(2)")
[1] 1.41421

or just a simple:

R> cppFunction('double doubleUp(double x) { return(2*x); }')
R> doubleUp(21)
[1] 42

Dito for inline. Try the __simple__ examples first.

As you say that you have the Rcpp book, maybe spend some time with Chapter 2
dedicated to the setup.