[Rcpp-devel] Linux or OS X on Macbook Pro Retina?

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 20 11:38:44 CEST 2013

Hi Rob,

what you can always do is installing the gcc (newest release is 4.8.1) and compile R from source with this compiler (I would suggest to enable only the
languages C, C++, Fortran, OBJC and OBJ-C++). I am using a Mac Pro with newest Mountain Lion and this works smoothly, as long as you disable aqua support,
i.e. you will use R only on the shell.
If you want to try this I can send you a whole description of steps to do.

Best

Simon