[Rcpp-devel] Linux or OS X on Macbook Pro Retina?

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 19 18:52:56 CEST 2013

Hi Rob —

Previously (Mountain Lion) Rcpp compiled by setting CC=CXX=/usr/bin/clang. In 10.9
one HAS to use CXX=/usr/bin/clang++, and recompile R because of that (and quite possibly
a bunch of packages, I’ll do that when I run into problems). I use gcc/gfortran 4.8.0 (and mpfr, mpc, gmp) from homebrew (currently homebrew refuses to update gcc/gfortran to 4.8.1 on 10.9).

deleeuw at Jans-MacBook-Pro:~/ > clang++ -v
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.1.58) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0
Thread model: posix

===
Jan de Leeuw
Distinguished Professor and Founding Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical Software
US mail: 8125 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu
          No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.wav