[Rcpp-devel] Linux or OS X on Macbook Pro Retina?

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed Jun 19 10:37:12 CEST 2013

Le 19/06/13 10:25, Rainer M Krug a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I finally received my new computer - a Mac Powerbook Retina.

I guess you mean a macbook pro retina, as powerbook are old stuff.
They are awesome.

> I am a Linux / Ubuntu user, but I am thinking about possibly using OS
> X. How does OS X play with rcpp? Are there complications? I rely on rcpp
> and this will increase at this project, so this is crucial to y decision.

I have been using OSX for a few years now and I do quite a lot of Rcpp.
This work very well.

Make sure you install Xcode from the mac app store, with the command
line tools and you are good to go.

With the precompiled R shipped by Simon daily
(http://r.research.att.com/), I find that we don't need to compile R
itself.

Not much to worry about. And it is not like you are alone. There is even
hte r-sig-mac for gneric OSX/R questions

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast

R Graph Gallery: http://gallery.r-enthusiasts.com