[Rcpp-devel] macros RCPP_FUNCTION_...,

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Tue Jun 18 16:26:07 CEST 2013

Hello,

Who is using the macros RCPP_FUNCTION_0, ..., RCPP_FUNCTION_65, ...
(i.e. all the macros that live in the preprocessor_generated.h file).

Their functionality is superseded by a much better way of doing it
(modules).

I'd like to drop them at some point.

Obviously it is not happening overnight, because for starters our own
RProtoBuf uses them. But I will update RProtoBuf so that it does not.
There is also uses in the RcppGSL vignette which I will update.

The file spans >6000 lines of generated code that we could do without.
To put this into context, this represents about 10% of the lines of the
.h files in Rcpp.

I don't think many people are using it, and I don't blame them. This was
an interesting idea when we introduced it, but we have something better now.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast