[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp is the best - praise to the praise worthy

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jun 2 16:59:11 CEST 2013

Asis,

Once your thesis is handed in and you have decompressed, consider writing a
short piece on for the Rcpp Gallery as the number you quote:

On 2 June 2013 at 16:32, Asis Hallab wrote:
| And lo and behold: It is
| 830 times
| faster than the original R code. And still
| 150 times
| faster than the pure R implementation when executed on 10 cores.

are pretty interesting.

| A framework like Rcpp is truly excellent, when you can get important
| work done in a couple of days without prior knowledge of even the
| programming language. Well, mine was very dusty.

There will always be the issue of "sufficient" documentation as Rcpp is
somewhat rich in features as it covers a large enough number of R features.

| And Rcpp is so incredibly efficient, too.

Yes, for certain types of problems it is a pretty good tool.

| Guys: Thank you very much for providing Rcpp!
| I love it and you for having created it.
| In the end it simply saved my PhD-ing butt.

You're very welcome.  Glad Rcpp was of help.