[Rcpp-devel] Compiling packages using Rcpp code under R devel

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 29 00:00:01 CET 2013

Søren,

On 28 January 2013 at 22:39, Søren Højsgaard wrote:
| Dear all,
|
| I was checking one of my packages (gRbase) under R-devel and got
|
| * checking compiled code ... NOTE
| File 'C:/Documents/stat/Rdevel/GMwR-DEVEL/gRbaseDEVEL/gRbase.Rcheck/gRbase/libs/i386/gRbase.dll':
|   Found non-API calls to R: 'Rf_EncodeComplex', 'Rf_EncodeReal',
|     'Rf_formatComplex', 'Rf_formatReal'
| File 'C:/Documents/stat/Rdevel/GMwR-DEVEL/gRbaseDEVEL/gRbase.Rcheck/gRbase/libs/x64/gRbase.dll':
|   Found non-API calls to R: 'Rf_EncodeComplex', 'Rf_EncodeReal',
|     'Rf_formatComplex', 'Rf_formatReal'
|
| Compiled code should not call non-API entry points in R.
|
| I guess this is something related to Rcpp, but I am not sure. Any help on this?

That is already taken care of in SVN for Rcpp:

2013-01-15  Dirk Eddelbuettel  <edd at debian.org>

	* src/api.cpp (Rcpp): Commented-out coerce_to_string() for real and
	complex arguments as R-devel (as of today) dislikes use of non-API
	functions Rf_EncodeComplex’, ‘Rf_EncodeReal’, ‘Rf_formatComplex’

	* .Rbuildignore: Added inst/include/Rcpp/preprocessor and
	sugar/functions/impl which are currently empty directories

	* src/Timer.cpp (Rcpp): Avoid a 'long long' warning from a const

R Core added this test around Jan 13 or 14, or /way/ past our last release.

So there is nothing we could have done in December when we released, and
there is nothing to do here until our next release -- but I successfule urged
Kurt to update "his" copy of Rcpp to our SVN which he did in order to
suppress this.

In short, gRbase is an innocent bystander and victim of a very zealous
warning.  Update Rcpp and this will be quieter.

Dirk