[Rcpp-devel] R interface to the cloud?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jan 20 19:57:58 CET 2013

On 20 January 2013 at 13:37, andre zege wrote:
| I am trying to find some R API to the cloud service. It doesn't seem, very
| surprisingly to me, that there were packages developed for that or maybe i am
| missing something obvious. I found some experimental packages, one by JD Long,
| that seem to have some relation to that, but nothing seems to have what i am
| looking for. At the moment i am trying to find a solution for simply putting
| files on the cloud and getting them from the cloud from R code. Ideally
| something that just sends curl messages to the cloud and processes responses.
| If not, then something that wraps around Java or Python cloud API.
|
| I'd be glad to do the work and make R interface like that myself -- i'd just
| loath to re-build a bicycle, so if anything like that exists already, a pointer
| would be greatly appreciated.

i)   These exist, and have existed for a long time. Duncan Temple Lang alone is
     probably involved in half a dozen packages related to this.  Try Google
     search for RGoogleDocs, ROAuth, and more. Moreover, entire AMIs (for
     Amazon's cloud service) can also be had, look at the BioConductor site.

ii)  This has nothing to do with Rcpp so I suggest we stop the thread here.

Cheers, Dirk