[Rcpp-devel] Question about using Rcpp to integrate C++ code with Boost Graph Library

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:17:42 CET 2013

Won-min,

We are finishing development of a package designed to streamline use of
Boost.  This will hopefully be on CRAN sooner or later.  Let's converse
off-list and I'll fill you in and perhaps we could test out the framework.
 It would be nice to have another case study for proof-of-concept.

Cheers,

Jay

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM, Song, Won-min <won-min.song at mssm.edu>wrote:

>   Hi,
> I am a new beginner in using Rcpp with C++.
> I have a piece of C++ code with Rcpp and boost graph library, and am
> trying to make a package with helps from Rcpp.package.skeleton() command.
>
>  When I try to install the package with Rcmd INSTALL pkgname (I'm running
> on windows machine), it seems that it is not recognizing the boost library
> by displaying error messages that it is not recognizing the header files
> from boost. I used the following Makevars.win file in the src directory:
>
>  PKG_LIBS = $(shell ${R_HOME}/bin/Rscript.exe -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()")
> PKG_CPPFLAGS = -L "C:/Users/Won/Documents/Boost/boost_1_51/lib"
> -lboost_graph
>
>  C:/Users/Won/Documents/Boost/boost_1_51/lib is the directory where the
> .dll files live.
> Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Is there something
> I've done wrong in Makevars.win file?
>
>  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,

John W. Emerson (Jay)
Associate Professor of Statistics, Adjunct, and Acting Director of Graduate
Studies
Department of Statistics
Yale University
http://www.stat.yale.edu/~jay