[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] Rcpp Gallery

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:14:49 CET 2013

*Hello everyone,

We are excited to introduce a new website featuring Rcpp which we are
calling the ‘Rcpp Gallery’. It is a collection of articles and code
examples illustrating techniques for programming with Rcpp---and it is
aiming for contributions by Rcpp users like you. Here is a link to the site:

http://gallery.rcpp.org/

We want this to be a resource both for users ramping up with Rcpp as well
as for more advanced users to gain exposure to each other's techniques and
work methods. Articles span a wide range of topics including patterns for
using the STL and Rcpp sugar functions, benchmarking & performance
concerns, and using Armadillo and the GSL. Each article includes a link to
full source code that can be run immediately using sourceCpp().

If you are interested in following new articles posted to the Gallery you
can subscribe to notifications by either RSS or email:

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/rcpp-gallery
Email:
http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=rcpp-gallery&loc=en_US

We've seeded the site with about 30 articles, but our hope is that lots of
people get involved contributing articles of their own. Special thanks goes
to Ross Bennett who has contributed several already. We've tried to make
contributing articles extremely straightforward--the format for authoring
is just a plain C++ file with embedded Doxygen comments. So for example the
following article:

http://gallery.rcpp.org/articles/using-the-rcpp-timer/

Was generated automatically from this source file:

https://github.com/jjallaire/rcpp-gallery/blob/gh-pages/src/2013-01-06-using-the-rcpp-timer.cpp

If you've got techniques, solutions, or source code that you think others
could learn from, we hope you'll consider contributing to the Gallery
(guidelines for doing so are here:
https://github.com/jjallaire/rcpp-gallery/wiki/Contributing-to-the-Rcpp-Gallery
).

Thanks,