[Rcpp-devel] Error when trying to your piSugar example

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Sun Jan 13 02:42:51 CET 2013

> [ Little rant: I find it fexing how the R-on-Windows FAQ said for years "do
> not install in a path with spaces"...
> We tried to tackly this issue once by making the path quote-safe but
> failed.

Hello Dirk,
Do you remember why it failed? It does look as simple as putting double
quotes around each item in the g++ command. (Looking at Charles Cara's
example, the "R CMD SHLIB" command has them in there correctly.)

You can create a directory with spaces, and other special characters, on
Linux too, so in that sense this is not just a Windows issue.

Darren