[Rcpp-devel] Two problem trying to install a package with modules (e.g. testmod) on windows and on CRAN

Robin Girard robin.girard at mines-paristech.fr
Fri Jan 11 21:10:21 CET 2013

(sorry for posting again , I sent the first one before confirmation of subscription)

Dear rcpp-devel list,

I am encountering 2 different problems with Rcpp modules (which by the way are sooo impressively great !) during the install phase of testmod,

---------1st problem
while trying to check package testmod (to use module) I got :

File 'testmod/R/zzz.R':
  .onLoad calls:
    require("methods", character = TRUE, quietly = TRUE)

Package startup functions should not change the search path.
See section 'Good practice' in ?.onAttach.

.onLoad: warning in require("methods", character = TRUE, quietly =
  TRUE): correspondance partielle d'argument de 'character' par rapport 'character.only'

(Windows R v2.15.2, last Rtools, ...)
I'm not really used to all these package stuff and clearly do not understand what's happening. Any solution ?

Actually I have the same error on another package I just tryied to submitt to CRAN but I guess that this won't be accepted ...

-----------2nd problem

My package was actually rejected on CRAN because it does not compile on Uwe Ligges's windows system, logs are attached and start like that

* installing *source* package 'ConConPiWiFun' ...
** libs

*** arch - i386
g++  -I"D:/RCompile/recent/R/include" -DNDEBUG `Rscript -e 'Rcpp:::CxxFlags()'`   -I"d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.0/Rcpp/include" -I"d:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/extralibs215/local215/include"     -O2 -Wall  -mtune=core2 -c OptimMargInt.cc -o OptimMargInt.o
OptimMargInt.cc: In member function 'cplfunction& cplfunction::Etoile()':
OptimMargInt.cc:254:34: warning: variable 'firstBreakVal' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
OptimMargInt.cc: In member function 'double cplfunction::Argmin()':
OptimMargInt.cc:386:16: warning: 'res' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
g++ -shared -s -static-libgcc -o ConConPiWiFun.dll tmp.def OptimMargInt.o d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.0/Rcpp/lib/x64/libRcpp.a -Ld:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/extralibs215/local215/lib/i386 -Ld:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/extralibs215/local215/lib -LD:/RCompile/recent/R/bin/i386 -lR
OptimMargInt.o:OptimMargInt.cc.text+0x6d): undefined reference to `vtable for Rcpp::RObject'
OptimMargInt.o:OptimMargInt.cc.text+0xad): undefined reference to `Rcpp::RObject::setSEXP(SEXPREC*)'
OptimMargInt.o:OptimMargInt.cc.text+0xbb): undefined reference to `void Rcpp::internal::r_init_vector<19>(SEXPREC*)'
OptimMargInt.o:OptimMargInt.cc.text+0xe3): undefined reference to `Rcpp::RObject::~RObject()'
OptimMargInt.o:OptimMargInt.cc.text+0x13d): undefined reference to `vtable for Rcpp::RObject'
..

 I do not understand the logs but I know 2 things :
          a- It compiles and works properly on my windows system (and on mac and linux actually).
          b- I had exactly the same error message 2 days ago while trying to run checks on testmod package and it get sorted when I updated my version of RTools. Is it possible that Uwe Ligges has an outdated version of Rtools ? or do you have any idea of where this can come from ?

Best regards
Robin

Dr. Girard Robin
Chargé de Recherche

MINES-ParisTech / PERSEE
Centre Procédés, Energies Renouvelables & Systèmes Energétiques
Center for Processes, Renewable Energies & Energy Systems
Renewable Energies & Smartgrids Group ERSEI

1 Rue Claude Daunesse - CS 10207 - F-06904 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Tel: +33.4.93.67.89.64 (~99), Fax: +33.4.93.95.75.35
e-mail : robin.girard at mines-paristech.fr

web page perso http://www.mines-paristech.fr/Services/Annuaire/&?id=8828
statoverflow : http://stats.stackexchange.com/users/223/robin-girard
web page centre PERSEE : http://www.cep.mines-paristech.fr/
linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=14907272&trk=tab_pro

Le lien vaut mieux que le bien.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are
confidential and may be privileged. If  you are not a
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

CONFIDENTIALITE : Ce message et les éventuelles pièces
attachées sontconfidentiels et peuvent être une
communication protégée. Si vous n'êtes pas dans la liste
des destinataires, veuillez informer l'expéditeur
immédiatement et ne pas ouvrir ni divulguer le contenu
à une tierce personne, ne pas l'utiliser pour quelque
raison que ce soit, ne pas stocker ou copier l'information
qu'il contient sur un quelconque support.