[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp-devel mailing list outage / delay

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jan 10 14:44:47 CET 2013

All,

>From what I can tell, the list went down on Sunday.  There were issues with
abuse on another R-Forge list which has since been closed.

For "our" traffic, I can see only what the list archive

 http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rcpp-devel/2013-January/thread.html

has and compare to what e.g. the other mailing list interface / website /
NNTP host / ... Gmane shows at

 http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp

My personal folder has what Gmane has: Royden's email and Kevin's reply to
Lincoln but neither of the posts by Lincoln, JJ, Paul (twice).

I expect these to catch up. In the past they have "almost always". I once
lost a post or two from one of the 'svn commit' email lists.

So my thanks to Martin et al at WU for getting things back on track, and I
urge some patience; I think we will be back in business "shortly".  Let's not
repost yet, we should get our normal flow within a day or two. Or so I hope :)

Thanks, Dirk